Become a Certified Flight Instructor
You have your commercial rating, but now what? A good way to build hours while giving the gift of flying to someone else is to become a Certified Flight Instructor. As a flight instructor, you can teach at many different levels, from instruction for private pilot certificates to more advanced training in instrument rating, commercial certificates, and more. While you are teaching, you can log these hours as flight time and get paid at the same time.
FAA Requirements to become certified as a flight instructor:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a commercial pilot license
- You must hold a valid FAA 3rd Class Medical Certificate
- You must be able to read, speak, and write in English
- You must pass the FAA Knowledge Test
- You must pass the FAA Practical Flight Test and Oral Examination
Once you become certified, you can use these skills as a stepping stone into other careers in the airline industry. Build your resume and elevate your career.
Industry-Leading Flight Instruction
At Essex Air, we use an exceptional and rigorous training platform for creating professional and knowledgeable flight instructors. We believe in superior performance as we lead the next generation of pilots into the sky